- National acclaim for our rapid access elderly care unit in recognition of its innovative model of multidisciplinary care and seven day working
- One of a handful of nurse-led medical investigations unit staffed by skilled professionals with extended roles and responsibilities, for example prescribing blood products
- Cancer care consistently rated by patients as among the best in the country
- The first trust in the country to be awarded Practice Development Unit status for all services
Our unique philosophy, the Poole Approach, underpins our values both as a provider of care and an employer, and pledges that we will strive to always listen to our staff, patients and the public and give information that is relevant and accessible.
In our latest staff survey, published in March 2017, staff placed us in the top 10 nationally as a place to receive care. The survey also placed the hospital in the top 20 per cent nationally in other important areas, including:
- recommending Poole Hospital as a place to work or receive treatment
- feeling able to contribute towards improvements at work
- believing the trust provides equal opportunities for career progression or promotion
- being recognised and valued by managers and the organisation
- satisfaction with level of responsibility and involvement
- quality of non-mandatory training, learning or development
- staff engagement and overall survey response rate
- reporting the most recent experience of violence or harassment, bullying or abuse.
“At Poole Hospital, we recognise that our staff are our greatest asset.”
Poole isn’t just a good place to work, it’s also a great place to live.
The town boasts a bustling quay, the best beaches in England and a stunning natural harbour. From Poole there is easy access to the Dorset countryside, renowned for its areas of outstanding natural beauty and the spectacular Jurassic Coast, ideal for sports and outdoor activities.
Our town centre location means that we are conveniently situated for public transport. The bus and mainline train stations are both within easy walking distance, as are the Lighthouse Arts Centre, Poole Park and high street shops. And if you need an escape from all the culture, nightlife, restaurants and unspoilt natural beauty, London is just over two hours away by train, car or coach.